October 11th, 2018 – PEI Watershed Alliance Board Meeting

PEI Watershed Alliance Board Meeting

Thursday, October 11th, 2018

2:00pm – 4:00 pm

Hunter River Community Hall

 

Minutes

 

In attendance: Mike Durant, Derek Ellis, Jim Jenkins, Dale Cameron, Karen Rank, Jason Campbell, Fred Cheverie, Emilie Morell

Regrets: Jackie Bourgeois, Josh Lindsay

 

  1. Call to order 2:00 pm
  2. Approval of minutes from August 18th board meeting
  3. Financial review – non-CRF funds in PEIWA account roughly 46K (Derek)
  4. Project coordinator update – see attached update from Angela including list of sub-projects for CRF round 2
  5. Watershed Ecologist Update
    1. Fall meeting speakers – Derek will confirm speakers – Gwen Vessey (dept of Ag), Darcee Birch (dept. of Ag) and Kate MacQuarrie (FFW)
    2. Website viewing – website is ready to go for the Fall meeting aside from a few minor glitches. Will invite Fall meeting attendees to explore website during Lunch break
  1. Correspondence
    1. ASCF letter – Mike will send letter of support
    2. FCBB proposal – the board is in support of this proposal, Derek will send FCBB’s 2-pager to all groups for comments
  2. Items from previous meeting
    1. Red circling – the board has decided to stick with the status quo for another year (4th year)
    2. WMF Shortfall – the board is asking for an increase in WMF funding based on performance of groups, Mike has sent a request to meet with minister Brown to discuss
    3. Derek extension – the board has agreed to extend Derek until the end of January, 2019 to assist with knowledge transfer to Mary and to assist with various funding applications